Food safety and hygiene is a must when it comes to running restaurant. Health regulations and food safety laws require food preparation areas to be clean and pest free.
One of our clients opened up a new restaurant in Southport only to find after a few weeks that small brown German Cockroaches had taken over the kitchen area!
It was likely that the previous tenants that occupied the property had a serious pest problem.
German cockroaches in particular, have a much larger brood size than ordinary Australian or American cockroaches. This enables them to breed at a remarkably fast rate and firmly establish themselves in areas near food and moisture.
Hygiene and food safety was a something our client prided themselves on. The number of cockroaches was of great concern! To find a solution to the problem the call was made to our expert team at the Gold Coast!
Amalgamated Pest Control and Cockroach Control
After Arriving at the restaurant our Amalgamated Pest Control Technician went through the following procedure:
- A thorough inspection to determine where the cockroaches would be ‘hanging out’.
- Used a crack and crevice treatment method paying particular attention to the problem area in the kitchen.
- Dust and mist applications were used to deliver the high quality synthetic pyrethroid product to the right areas.
- Only high quality products are used by Amalgamated Pest Control to ensure the safety, effectiveness and long lasting residual effect of the treatment.
Why use a crack and crevice treatment?
- This method of treatment was used to get the product to the area where the cockroaches were breeding.
- This flushed them out and eradicated the problem.
Cockroach control needs ongoing maintenance
For commercial premises, an ongoing service and maintenance program is essential.
To ensure cockroach control for our client, our Gold Coast team arranged an ongoing 3-monthly treatment program.